The colour blue brings a calmness and tranquillity to a room and is the most popular colour worldwide according to the Dulux Paints survey which found that 42% of males and 30% of females prefer the colour blue. A colour palette of blues can really seduce emotions in a room. 5 top tips when using blue for interior design:
1. Enhance the colour theme by using different blue tones in soft furnishings and objects.
2. A contrasting colour will add warmth such as cushions, silver lighting or a vase filled with flowers.
3. A blue canvas art print will create interest - choose a similar colour palette for a relaxed feel.
4. Layer your blue colour palette with different textures, tones and fabrics – scatter cushions, floor cushions and throws are the perfect way to create a stylised finish.
5. Add a touch of vintage, from Grandma's side tables to a velvet blue lounge or a retro blue lampshade -character pieces add the final touch.
Be creative to reflect your individual style.