The song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" made famous by Marilyn Monroe, is the absolute truth for some women - for me personally, I don't think they ever had a dog. Don't get me wrong, I think diamonds are amazing - the way they form from carbon atoms over billions of years in the earth's crust from extreme heat and pressure to be crafted into the beautiful lustrous diamonds - truly amazing.
I am fortunate enough to have two gorgeous diamond rings, both which were handed down to me from my grandmother which belonged to her grandmother - so for me, I have enough - but I do love diamonds and the joy they bring so we decided to design a new range of women's t-shirts to celebrate Diamonds. And ladies, these tees carry one serious rock of immeasurable carat size - so treat yourself - over 40 gorgeous colours to choose from - and remember Diamonds are indestructible so wearing this tee will kind of make you into the super hero that you already are!
As diamonds are part of our culture, I thought I would share 10 little facts about diamonds below - if you have more, please share them with us.
- Famous quote from Henry Kissenger - "A diamond is a chunk of coal that is made good under pressure" - meaning that we all have the potential to become something great.
- The Australian Netball team is known as "Diamonds" - given a diamonds characteristics, this has to be the best name for any Australian sports team ever.
- Cool fact, that scientists discovered a star that is essentially a diamond of ten billion trillion trillion carats which they named Lucy after the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".
- Diamonds are forever because they are the hardest natural substance - the only thing that can scratch a diamond is another diamond!
- Think about it ladies - Diamonds shine brighter when sourced in an ethical, environmentally friendly way - read more Brillant Earth
- The timeless song from Pink Floyd - "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" was a tribute to Syd Barrett, an original member expelled for his mental deterioration from drug use.
- To produce a single one-carat diamond, 250 tons of earth will be mined.
- Not surprisingly, the word "Diamond" comes from the Greek work "Adamas" which means "indestructible".
- The Paul Simon song - "Diamonds on the Soles Of Her Shoes" is alluding to the plight of South African improverished miners against wealthy mine owners.
- And for lasting inspiration - remember Diamonds are essentially lumps of coal that stuck to their job.