Your website is the face to your business and online customers will judge your business based on their experience so make it a good one – keep your visitors happy and avoid the top 10 things that people hate on websites.
- Slow websites will make people leave more than anything else.
- Flash intros drive people crazy and they will be gone in an instant.
- Poor site navigation will drive people away – it must be simple, consistent and let people know where they are, where they are going and where is the home page.
- To win trust of the customer you must have an appealing and organised site.
- Too much text will annoy your visitors, so summarise main points that allow people to scan.
- Typos are bad and no excuse when trying to project a professional business.
- A visitor must understand what the website is about within 5 seconds of landing on the home page.
- Unreadable fonts will make visitors leave – black text is the most readable.
- No product information on what is being sold – customers want to research the product before buying.
- Hard to find contact information – every page should display easy to find contact info.
Cost Effective Online Advertising for Small Australian Businesses
Online retail is becoming tougher for small businesses as larger retail stores are getting their act together and are now getting online savvy. Most small businesses spend their time creating the products that they are passionate about and having the time to keep up with the lastest SEO, blogging, twitter and advertising to generate business is just getting harder.
That is why we created Choosy, an Australian Online Directory dedicated to showcasing the very best Australian Products. Our success is your success, we want to help small businesses get noticed online, so join us today.
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012